Here we have some bevel gears added. I am still very new to modeling gears and I know there are equations to creating bevel gears. However, for my purpose here, I just want them to look visually good. They may not be accurate to what would be used in real life, but accurate enough for the models representation.
So after much trial and error, I figured out how to get the angles needed by using the project tool. Once figured out, it made easy work of getting the look needed. Then I was able to use the scale feature to get them visually the matching size to the model. Here are a few screenshots of the results.
The bottom two screen shots show the sketches I used with the project feature. It’s a crazy mess of lines. But it worked. I’m sure there’s a better way. But once I got started it made sense to me.
I’m not happy with the other gear, and will likely rework it at some point.