My Fusion 360 RIg

Here is my machine. I built this exclusively for Autodesk Fusion 360. For the most part it is overkill, but I wanted to future proof it.

The only part that was a waste of money for Fusion 360 was the 2nd GPU. I figured if it could use SLI and take the the Video Memory and double it from 11 GB to 22 GB it would be a big help. Unfortunately it didn’t work that way.

Best advice for Fusion 360 is to buy the best NVIDIA Based GPU that you can afford. I recommend a NVIDIA GTX 1060 or better.

In short a reasonable Gaming Rid handles Fusion 360 quite well. A gaming graphics card is what you want. A Quatro Workstation Card is not required for Fusion 360, I believe it is recommended for Solidworks though.

For Shapr3D I use a 3rd GEN 12.9" iPad Pro.

Here are the Specs of the custom built PC:

• Corsair Graphite Series 780T
  • ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex
  • Intel Core i9-7900X (OC’ed to 4.6 GHz) 10 Core (20 with Hyperthreading)
  • Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 64GB
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID, 11GB
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black SC 11GB
  • 3 x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • 1 x 500GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
  • Corsair HX1200 Watt PSU
  • Windows 10 Pro x64

R/C Helicopter project

For 3D Printers, I am a huge fan of the Makerbot Line of Printers. I have been using them since the original Replicator 2.

Currently I have a Makerbot Replicator Mini + and a Makerbot Replicator +. Both are work horses and I rarely if at all have any trouble with them. The Replicator 2 I had a ton of trouble with.

I don’t know if I would buy them today as there are far more choices today for far less money and they give the same or better quality prints.

I have three words…

Awesome … Awesome and AWESOME!!!