Here is my machine. I built this exclusively for Autodesk Fusion 360. For the most part it is overkill, but I wanted to future proof it.
The only part that was a waste of money for Fusion 360 was the 2nd GPU. I figured if it could use SLI and take the the Video Memory and double it from 11 GB to 22 GB it would be a big help. Unfortunately it didn’t work that way.
Best advice for Fusion 360 is to buy the best NVIDIA Based GPU that you can afford. I recommend a NVIDIA GTX 1060 or better.
In short a reasonable Gaming Rid handles Fusion 360 quite well. A gaming graphics card is what you want. A Quatro Workstation Card is not required for Fusion 360, I believe it is recommended for Solidworks though.
For Shapr3D I use a 3rd GEN 12.9" iPad Pro.
Here are the Specs of the custom built PC:
- Corsair Graphite Series 780T
- ASUS ROG Rampage VI Apex
- Intel Core i9-7900X (OC’ed to 4.6 GHz) 10 Core (20 with Hyperthreading)
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 64GB
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID, 11GB
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black SC 11GB
- 3 x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- 1 x 500GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- Corsair HX1200 Watt PSU
- Windows 10 Pro x64