InMoov Project Part 11 - Project Update and Neck Tilt Demo

Original Article Date: March 7, 2018

So I haven’t been very good about updating the status of this project along the way, sorry about that. However I have been hard at work trying to 3D Print, Assemble, Wire and Program it. I change how I was going to power it several times along with what type of controller was going to control it.

I have switched to the EZ-B v4/2 WiFi Robot Controller. I did this due to the ease of use, and right now I am only trying to understand the mechanics mostly as I intend to design my own life size robot. So this was a trial run so that I can gain some experience.

My InMoov Robot build is mostly complete mechanically, I still have the hands to complete and some misc. small things to do.

I wanted to get started on the electronics as seeing it move and talk is very motivating. Today I spent the time to get one should partially wired and the servos controlling the ability to tilt the neck.

Here is a short 1 minute 16 second video giving a short demo on the neck tilting as well as some speech. Since I had the shoulder partially wired, I also added some movement there to show its range of motion.

NOTE: I am not the creator of this robot. The InMoov Robot was created by Gael Langevin , you can read more about it here: http://inmoov.fr/.

I showed this to my wife and she has started printing all the parts for the InMoov

Cool. If possible please share the build here. It would be nice to have another InMoov project.