Humanoid Robot 3D Printable


#64

Thanks Carl. That Bioloid is cool, I hadn’t seen that one before. I will have to take a better look at it and see what it can do.

My Model is loosely based off of Trossen Robotics HR-OS1 platform. I actually purchased one October 2016. When I started modeling the Hexabot I decided that I would also try to model the HR-OS1 loosely to be 3D printable like I did with the Hexabot. But I didn’t want an exact clone.


#65

Here we have the hip joints all printed. There is also a time-lapse video below.


#66

Here they are all installed. Next up is the lower plate that holds the hip motors.


#67

Here we have the lower hip plate and the 2 support braces.


#68

I didn’t like the fitment of the servo motors on this one. I just finished fixing the model. I uploaded the updated STL, but now I have to wait to print it as the printer is buy with another print.


#69

I received the new camera today, it came late evening. I was able to get one video complete, I will need to play around with lighting and positioning. But this is definitely a huge improvement in my opinion. This is the mount for the Servo Controller board, the Arbotix-Pro.

This part is printed out of order as I had to make some changes to the 2 parts that go before this. The changes are complete and I will print those in the AM.


#70

I am currently assembling this model in Fusion 360 while parts are printing. I am also adding motion to the joints that will move. Here is a quick example of the movement it will have.

The end points are not final neither is any of the movement you currently see. This is purely as an example. I will hopefully animate it some once I have the assembly and motion joints created and linked.


#71

Here are a few more images of the assembled printed parts.


#72

Here we have the 2 electronics trays assembled. I will need to adjust the model for the Raspberry Pi mount. The white standoff holes need to be slightly larger.


#73

Here are some more images of the assembly. It is moving along quite well. All parts seen are printed from the STL’s that I have shared over at Thingiverse.


#74

Looking really great. Have you used an AX-18 in the legs or is it all AX-12As?


#75

Thanks, All AX-12A’s. There is a total of 20 of them in this robot.


#76

Wow very nice, if you have 20 servos in the unit I take it it has hip rotation? (Sorry silly question - I should just check the CAD designs, but I’ll ask it anyway)


#77

Yes on the hip rotations. It has two servos for that. One above each leg.


#78

Here we show that the standoffs are now installed. The white ones that are in previous pictures are M2.5 and not what I intended to use. The intent was to use M3 x 18 and M3 x 25 standoffs. I have them ordered but they are not scheduled to arrive for 4 more days.

I decided to print the ones I modeled. And after doing so I found that they were far stronger than I anticipated, so I will leave these installed.


#79

The rest of the parts are printed. I will need to do some cleanup to them, but they are ready otherwise.

I also wired up the Arbotix Pro Motor Controller and the Raspberry Pi. I also have the legs wired to the Arbotix Pro as well as the shoulders and hip motors. Its moving along. Strong possibility that I will be testing tomorrow. Assuming I can get the code to run.


#80

That look amazing, can’t wait to see it moving about.


#81

After a few revisions (to the orange parts) to get the geometry correct to allow the head to move up and now like the robot is saying yes, I finally got it where it doesn’t bind and is nice and smooth. During all this I realized that I also add 2 different size holes for some of these parts. I also correct this so that where needed it uses M3 hardware and all holes are of the correct size. I also printed with threads (Fusion 360) the standoff in the control arms.

Last night I also installed the Linux Image with much of the robots code intact. I installed and configured the latest version of node.js, and all supporting libraries. I also fully updated the Linux OS to be using the latest of all installed packages. I haven’t tested it as of yet though. When complete I am going to make an image file of the MicroSD so that I will have a working version for cloning.

Now I can move onto the arms.


#82

Here are 2 more images, this shows the Robot standing up along side a measuring tape so you can get a feel for how big this is. There is also 1/4" of dense foam stuck under the feet with 3M two faced tape, this gives the robot a non-slip surface that won’t scratch a floor.

As you can see it is just over 17 1/2" or just under 450 mm. This is a pretty large robot that actually has some weight to it.


#83

The first arm is together and on. Its all wired too. Ignore the messy workspace as I have far too many projects going on all at once.

This one has a broken finger. It’s a poor design for then hands. I suspected this would happen when I created the STL files. I will think about creating some other hands at some point.

I have so many revision ideas now that I am assembling this. I have a feeling there will be a 2nd model with improvements.